A BRIEF SUMMARY OF OUR SERVICES
Mushroom Publishing Services was established to help authors, charities, businesses, small publishers and self-publishers to publish their work painlessly, professionally and economically. We can help with anything from a leaflet or a flyer to a novel or an academic textbook.
Whether you want to produce the whole work yourself, or give your book a better chance when submitting to commercial publishers, we can help.
Here is a brief list of some of the services we offer:
· Manuscript appraisal: we will read your book thoroughly and provide a written appraisal, highlighting areas that need more work.
· Transfer of manuscripts to computer disk from any format: anything from typing your handwritten pages to scanning, ocr, and digital transfer.
· Web site advice and design: all written works will benefit from advance marketing, and an active presence on the Internet will increase sales.
· Copy-editing: all books should be copy-edited to ensure accuracy, consistency, correct spelling and grammar, etc. A copy-edited book is also more likely to be accepted by a commercial publisher.
· Proof Reading: the final stage before the artwork and files are sent to the printer - the last chance to remove any typos.
· Book design: this includes jacket design, typography, layout of the pages, table of contents pages, indexing, placement of graphics, typesetting.
· Printing: with our experience and contacts in the trade, we are normally able to find the right printer for the job at the right price. The options include short-run printing, print-on-demand, ebooks, or traditional print.
· Marketing: we can offer advice on marketing your book to booksellers and the reading public, and help you to produce effective press releases, AI sheets and advertising.
Or, we can provide a complete Book Publication Service: we will work with you to help you produce the finished book that you want, and you can be involved as much or as little as you like.
This list is only an example of how we can help - we will tailor our service to your needs. Please get in touch if you would like to discuss our services further. It may not cost as much as you think.
July 22, 2006